DIY wooden pallet headboard in several inspiring models
DIY wooden pallet headboard in several inspiring models. Have you ever witnessed the complete transformation of a palette? Or, have you come across some ultra-incredible furniture made from recycled wood? Whatever your case, the magic of pallet creations tends to enchant us to such an extent that we are dying to realize our project right away. At first glance, it is not a task that seems super easy to us, but as we say: “Be realistic, ask for the impossible.” And indeed, making a piece of furniture out of a pallet is far from something impossible. You have to get the necessary equipment, watch one, maybe two or three videos with the steps to follow, and then, that’s it, we have become a master of DIY!
Can you imagine
Welcome to us and look at our selection of the best examples for a wood pallet headboard made by pro-people or amateurs.
You will also gain some hints and skills to complete the project successfully for the more courageous people. If you want to rejoice in other types of pallet furniture, please check out this inspiring article and drawing ideas.
Before giving you the instructions on making your headboard, it should note that this is an excellent solution for homes furnished in a rustic or country style. Pallet furniture also fits perfectly in the minimalist spirit of Nordic trends or the interior with industrial design. In addition to their aesthetic appearance, you can also take advantage of their practicality. The pallet wood headboard is not only an element that will give more character to the room. You can use it to arrange your favorite books or CDs, hang a lamp or sentimental valuables, etc.
Once the head is done, we can proceed to its decoration. For those who prefer a simple and uncluttered decor, a coat of wood varnish will do a good job. To create a contrast between the white walls and the furniture, you can opt for darker paint. If you are watching for a lightly and emotional effect, then many possibilities present themselves to us. For a magical atmosphere, think of a light garland (or even several!). If this is the nursery you want to transform, it is possible to paint the boards in different colors or even stick a wall sticker with a fun design. The personal photo rope is a very excellent alternative for the teenager’s room. In short, be creative and let your imagination run wild. Now we go to the primary step,
The ultimate tutorial for making a wood pallet headboard
- Wooden pallets
- A 3/8 sheet of plywood (other options – OSB or chipboard)
- Circular saw
- Pneumatic nailer
- 3/4 nails – depending on the thickness of the wooden planks
- Paint and brush
- 80 grit sandpaper
- Hand sander
- Wood glue
- 3 wall anchors to fix the head to the wall
- 2 wood screws to secure the panel to the pallet head
The steps to follow:
- Measure. You usually choose the size of the head. For example, you can make it to match the dimensions of your bed, taller or a little thinner. Once the size is chosen, you must cut the sheet of plywood (OSD or particleboard), which will support the wood planks. If you don’t have the tools to do this, you can seek the assistance of a local professional.
- Disassembly. We start the project by dismantling the wooden planks. You can cut the pallets next to the ends using the saw to save time and effort (since this will remove some of the nails).
- Secure the wood. Arrange the wooden planks on the plywood to obtain the chosen model. Nail the pallet panels to the bracket. For best results, you can glue them first with wood glue and then proceed with nailing.
- Paint the boards. After you have attached the panels to the support, you can paint the wood to shine more. In the tutorial below, we apply a layer of white paint. Let the varnish hard for at slightest 24 hours. If you like to create a more vintage look after the paint has dried, you can work the wood with the hand sander.
- Hang the headboard made of wood pallets. You can first hang an additional plank of wood on the wall using the wall anchors for added security. Then only you must do sound the head to the panel using the wood screws.
If you don’t want the natural appearance of wood, you can easily cover the head with pallet wood. For this, you will need fabric, cotton wool, buttons to reopen, string and needle, stapler, and scissors. Afterward, there are two main stages: the installation of the cotton wool and then the fabric. With the following tutorial, you will quickly master the technique.
Also Read: Tips for Crafters